Monday, August 29, 2005

More reflections


Okay. I know I said I was going to get all navel gazer on my blogging public, but since I'm on vacation and since I have no readership, I figure I can take some time to let it hang out a little bit.

I'm still no further in resolving my blogging dilemma - what kind of blog is this? I think it's my main mission to find the off-beat, quirky and little known stories about radical Islam and put them out there. Inform, Enlighten, Entertain.

Does that mean the IDD Roundup v000000 is no more? No, I think I'll keep doing that, I just won't do that daily - maybe just weekly and in a more abbreviated format?

But I digress. Let's talk timing because I think part of my problem is timing. I want to write every day - so it just figures I should have the goal of updating my blog once a day. I just don't want to take all day doing it like I do now.

First of all, I probably don't get up early enough. Secondly, I try to take that afternoon bud nap which cuts some time out of the writing day. Thirdly, I don't even exercise anymore and I want to start doing that again - which will also cut into my writing time. I like to read my blogrota over my morning coffee. That takes a pile of time. One good thing I do have figured out :I figure that if it hits the morning bloggers I read - I don't need to be writing about it, too. I like LGF - for breaking events during the day, but it's all too easy to get sidetracked reading mindless comments when the comment section deteriorates into a personal chat room for some of the Lizards. I just discovered Free Republic and I can see where that could be another mistake. It's taking all my will not to hop over there right now and peek in. That could result in more wasted time.

In the evening I like to check the UK, Australia and the Pacific Rim.

All during the day I like to read blogs, too. The Corner is one of my faves. I can see one big glaring problem staring me in the face - I read too many dang blogs. That's for certain. No wonder I can't get anything done.

Well, this was another unhelpful exercise. Guess I'll sign off this dreck and try and work on something more interesting. Hah. I'm boring myself with this blog.