Saturday, June 03, 2006

Lois, honey is that you?

Ah-h-h. Baghdad by the bay. Do they still call San Francisco that? I used to live there back in the day and one of my best friends, a wild black woman named Lois lived right across the street from me in a neighborhood we laughingly referred to as Dolores Heights.

Lois was a tall, graceful and beautiful woman who resembled a African Warrior Queen but hailed from a small town in the deep South. (or Sudanese model Alek Wek. I have to ask you to imagine what she looks like . Blogger is screwed up and won't allow the posting of photos) We had known each other for years before we both moved to San Fran. She was wonderful but complicated and we loved each other like sisters. She had a beautiful but troubled soul and I'm sorry to say our friendship ended sadly and badly. I still think of her often and I do miss having her in my life, but I had decided I couldn't stand by and watch her become addicted to alcohol and painkillers and so I spoke out about it.

You know how you usually end up pissing off people who use alcohol and drugs when you start calling them on stuff?

Well, I guess I pissed her off but good because one day Lois wrote me out of her life.

Anyhow, I was scrolling around over at Western Resistance when I found this post by Jean de la Valette: Saudi Arabia: Naked African `Witch' Brings Medina to a Standstill and as I started reading it my first thought was of my old friend, Lady Lo.

It truly sounds like some kind of crazy thing she would get herself mixed up in. Then I read the entire post (posted here in its entirety it is so freaking bizarre) and I am left wondering about the poor Saudi Arabian African witch and how she is doing as well. It doesn't sound good for her at all.

The dread Islamic morality police in Saudi Arabia, one of the last remaining totalitarian countries left on earth, launched a fierce manhunt for a naked black woman in Medina, Islam's second most holy city. Since the woman dared to walk the city streets naked, locals accused her of being a witch, reports Newsru, the Russian web newspaper.

The morality police later located the woman in a brothel in this city of 918,000 inhabitants, but the righteous Muslim warriors were totally disarmed by the view of a naked female. This bought the criminal valuable time, letting her escape through the window, but when she climbed onto a nearby rooftop she fell through and landed in the bedroom of several small children.

The sight of a naked African woman falling through the roof, into a room with innocents, and then walking away unharmed, was taken by locals as further proof of her demonic powers. Aware of the potent threat that naked woman pose to Islam, the morality police called in reinforcements and later apprehended the `witch.'

Medina is famous for the Mosque of the Prophet, a shrine to the 7th century Arabian warlord and pedophile, Mohammed. The city also holds the Quba Mosque, the first mosque in Islam. As with Mecca, only Muslims are allowed to enter the city, and each year hundreds of thousands of pilgrims come to these sites.

In Islam, the female body is an object of loathing and sometimes subject to mutilation, such as female circumcision. In Islam, women are also subjected to daily psychological and physical abuse, such as brutal subjugation to their fathers and husbands.