Wednesday, October 10, 2007

NIMBY Nancy souring on her leftie friends?

Greetings from Hooverville by the Bay
Reading this put me in a very good mood.


House Speaker Nancy Pelosi was in a determinedly good mood when she sat down to lunch with reporters yesterday. She entered the room beaming and, over the course of an hour, smiled no fewer than 31 times and got off at least 23 laughs.

But her spirits soured instantly when somebody asked about the anger of the Democratic "base" over her failure to end the war in Iraq.

"Look," she said, the chicken breast on her plate untouched. "I had, for five months, people sitting outside my home, going into my garden in San Francisco, angering neighbors, hanging their clothes from trees, building all kinds of things -- Buddhas? I don't know what they were -- couches, sofas, chairs, permanent living facilities on my front sidewalk."

Unsmilingly, she continued: "If they were poor and they were sleeping on my sidewalk, they would be arrested for loitering, but because they have 'Impeach Bush' across their chest, it's the First Amendment.


I don't know, she sounds slightly sour to me and she's definitely having NIMBY issues.

Update - Michelle Malkin was all over this and has the rest of the story - from one of Nancy's neighbors. NIMBY is right because San Fran Nan had them ordered down the street in front of the neighbor's house. You've got to read this - hysterical.

If might add a personal note. I lived in San Francisco back in the 80's and since then . downtown San Francisco has practically been turned into a third world shithole by the policies of the Liberal Dems. Nancy should walk downtown between the Bank of American and the Pacific Stock exchange sometime. The last time I was there I had to step over or around 4, count 'em 4 - homeless bums sleeping on the sidewalk in that short distance. Instead of fresh air from the Bay - all you smell is urine. The City Hall area resembles something out of Hooverville. It's disgusting and is another example of why the Dems really arent' fit to govern. IMO.

And if you're looking for another reason? Here's one.

Another asked about a Republican congressman's complaints that the word "God" was removed from certificates accompanying congressional flags. "I don't know what his point is," Pelosi volleyed.

The Dems just don't get it.