Thursday, March 06, 2008

I just had to post this vanity... I hope you'll indulge me.


This morning I was cruising through my inbox copy of the NY Post when I ran across this touching photo. (I love the NY Post. It was my paper of record when we lived back east and unfortunately, I can't get it out here. You KNOW I wouldn't be getting the Slimes.) Anyways, I happened onto the above PHOTO EXCLUSIVE of Hillary and Bill Clinton basking in the glow of her comeback and taking a walk in the park.

Isn't it romantic and fun and so...first family????

My Aunt Fanny, it is.

I'm here to tell you it is a ruse and nothing more than a staged photo op to explain Bill's recent low profile on the campaign (he's not looking so hot these days, is he?). Why, the Post as much tells us so...but that's why we love the Post.

They don't tell us that those two no more took a walk in the park than they flew to the moon.

I have been to Hillary's $4 million dollar mansion (Okay, outside Hillary's $4 million dollar mansion. ;^) because I had business at the Danish embassy located right across the street from her $4 million dollar mansion.
And that is where Hill and Bill's romantic walk took them - a distance of about 125 feet across the street to the Danish Embassy Gates.

The Rodham-Clinton manse is located on a dead end street off of Embassy Row. The house is right on the street with no setback. A heavily wooded area is at the end of the cul de sac which seemed to be kind of a security nightmare to me. There were no visible pathways into Rock Creek park that I could see and having gotten lost in the neighborhood I can tell you there aren't any on the next couple of streets either! The day I visited there was a DC cop car parked at the end of the street nearest the park but no one was in it. There are cameras galore, of course, and you could see that extensive modifications had been made to try and ensure more privacy for the occupants with the houses many strategically placed trellises and walls.

To keep the looky loos (like me) from seeing into the house, all of the front windows had been completely blocked with sheets of white muslin. (Oh boy I almost typed "muslim"). Seeing that made me kind of sad. I can't imagine living in a house where I would have to have sheets of muslin blocking all the light from the front of the house. That would really BUG me. At the time, I wondered if Hillary lived holed up in the kitchen on the back side of the house like some crazy cat lady and how weird that would be.

P.S. There was also a port-a-potty located on the curb outside Hillary's $4million mansion. (For the Secret Service, I wonder? Hah-hah!)

More vanity...Speaking of Secret Service and Former First Ladies: The Lord and Master and I have been invited by Senator Pat Roberts to a March 25th luncheon honoring future former First Lady Laura Bush. (And yes, we are bringing our checkbook!) It will be a crush, but I thought it would be kind of fun - how often do you get to see a First Lady? And to see Laura Bush - a First Lady for the ages! Well, how could we refuse?
-end-

.