Thursday, March 13, 2008

This cannot stand...

Tonight, we got our eyes opened in Dinah Lord land. I knew that Barack Obama's church was suspect and that his pastor, Jeremiah Wright, was trouble but I had no idea how much.

It's really quite shocking when you listen to his words and see him in action.

Videos of Wright's "sermons" are starting to make the rounds. It looks like Fox News Channel have gotten their hands on some copies, there have been snippets on all the prime time evening shows. So far the other major media outlets (NBC/MSNBC, CNN, ABC, CBS, et al.) are skittering away from the story like the true cockroaches they are.

Tell me this - why did I think of a ranting Imam in a mosque as I watched his spiel? Good thing you can enjoy the added comments by Arctic Garlic as you watch - they're pretty good. That Nation of Islam bowtie reference was brilliant, AG. And call me crazy but I watched this and could practically SEE Mrs. Obama standing up in the pews and hollering out "Say it, brother!"

Hey, but speaking of cockroaches in a room where the hot bright spotlight of media attention has just been turned on...

Obama is now saying he wasn't in church that day That's it? That's his excuse? Oh boy. That ranks right up there with the "dog ate my homework".

Obama's campaign told ABC that he did not think of his pastor in political terms. "Senator Obama does not think of the pastor of his church in political terms. Like a member of his family, there are things he says with which Senator Obama deeply disagrees," a statement said.

Wright's retirement from the church last month is oh-so convenient.

I'm sorry, I do not want this kind of influence anywhere near our White House. And yes, it is a racist thing - because if this shows one thing, it shows that these people are racists.