Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Dr. Wafa Sultan - still in hiding

Dr. Wafa in happier times - shining her bright light on the truth


I've found myself wondering how Dr. Sultan and her family are doing lately. Has anyone heard or seen anything about how she is? It is still unreal to me that any American citizen would be forced into hiding out of fear for their safety. It's even more unreal to me that this matter isn't getting more attention...

The only reference I have found is contained in this press release about the Center for Security Policy's Anti-Sharia-Compliant Finance Campaign launch:

It will also feature an audio statement recorded for the event by psychiatrist Dr. Wafa Sultan, a courageous opponent of Shariah law and Islamist extremism. Dr. Sultan has been forced into hiding in America due to threats against her made by Sheikh Yusef al-Qaradawi, head of the European Council on Fatwa and Research and a driving force behind the 20th Century invention of Shariah-Compliant Finance.

Here is her statement:

I am Wafa Sultan. I was born and raised as a Muslim, and had lived for the first three decades of my life under Islamic Shariah which reduced me to subhuman creature.

And here I am, living in the United States of America, the cradle of freedom and Western civilization, regaining my rights and enjoying my humanity.

It’s my responsibility and out of respect and appreciation I have made it my mission to warn my fellow Americans against the danger of applying Islamic Shariah, which violates the basic human decencies. Applying Islamic Shariah here in America is an insult to every human being that values our way of life, especially to every man and woman who are (sic) risking their lives to get rid of it in their Islamic countries.

Please be aware of al-Quradawi, them most prominent Imam in the Islamic world, who has been issuing various fatwa to kill the infidels. Right after my last interview
on Al Jazeera, he accused me of insulting Allah and Muhammed. And it is due to his accusation that I am in hiding.

Can you comprehend yourself as an American citizen living in hiding in your own country?

Please don’t take your freedom and other Western values for granted; defend them and stand up against the hateful Islamic Ideology backed by Shariah law.

Thomas Paine once said, “If there must be trouble, let it be in my time that my children might live in peace.”

Likewise, it would be shameful for all of us to set still and allow the Islamists to prevail. Thank you for providing me with this opportunity to express my strong opposition to apply any decree of Islamic Shariah law.


.....