Thursday, April 17, 2008

Oh possums - I'm a little behind in my work...

I have outstanding tags over at Wolf Howling and Always on Watch. I have sympathy cards to write and it is eating me up not getting them done. We had snow last night - which meant shoveling the driveway first thing this morning. Not enough snow for the snowblower - enough to freeze if you didn't shovel it. That meant get busy.

Then, Charlotte, my "progressive" liberal girlfriend called and wanted to talk and talk and talk. I admit I was so put off by our last conversation about the Presidential race that I had kind of been avoiding her. So today, I just tried to listen to her expound about the Democratic candidates and be a good friend. She'd been in the wine. It was not easy. They are getting ready for chickens down on the Farm.

I have trained the Kafir K-9 Brigade to ring a bell hanging on the front door if they need to go out. (They also alert and send up the alarm at the sound of a helicopter passing overhead. How about that?) Every hour on the hour they were ringing it today. And then just going out to eat grass....

In between, it was time to put my new Master Bedroom Closet back together (After having workmen in the house for two days which I hate) and now my leg is numb and my back is killing me. Oy. Getting old.

And there's mucho company on the horizon. (A dinner party on Sunday and one of my nieces will arrive with her small children in tow for an extended visit on Tuesday.)

Posting may be light over the next few days. Or not. You know how it is.

Well, the Lord and Master has just passed judgment on the closet job. I did a dynamite (dinah-mite?) job.

I only wish I would have taken a before and after.

So this is what has been happening in Dinah-land.


-end-