Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Osama's driver: It was sheer torture, I tell you!

Alleged al Qaeda driver testifies on interrogation tactics. Oh! The sexual humiliation of it all.

<-Hamdam OBL's toadie, in happier times.

Salim Ahmed Hamdan, the alleged al-Qaeda driver who faces an historic military trial next week, testified Tuesday that a female interrogator elicited information from him using sexually suggestive behavior that was offensive to him.

Hamdan, a former driver for Osama bin Laden, told a military court conducting a pretrial hearing that during questioning in 2002 a woman interrogator "came close to me, she came very close, with her whole body towards me. I couldn't do anything. I was afraid of the soldiers.''

"Did she touch your thigh?," asked Hamdan's lawyer, Charles Swift.

"Yes...I said to her 'what do you want?'' Hamdan said. "She said 'I want you to answer all of my questions.'''

"Did you answer all of her questions after that?'' Swift asked.

Hamdan said he did.

OH, I bet he did! (I would pay good money to see film of this interrogation. I bet it was hysterical.)

Through his lawyer, Hamdan is asking the judge to toss out the incriminiating statements "he allegedly gave to interrogators at Gitmo. Their argument: They were obtained through "coercive interrogation tactics".

No doubt some lefty judge will buy it.

-end-