Tuesday, October 07, 2008

We're going to the Hukilau!

My favorite Hawaiian Song.
Hope to pick up a few moves for it while I'm gone.



The Hukilau Song
Jack Owens © 1948
Oh we're going to a hukilau
A huki huki huki huki hukilau
Everybody loves the hukilau
Where the laulau is the kaukau at the lû`au

We throw our nets out into the sea
And all the `ama`ama come a-swimming to me
Oh, we're going to a hukilau
A huki huki huki hukilau

What a beautiful day for fishing
That old Hawaiian way
Where the hukilau nets are swishing
Down in old Lâ`ie bay


Aloha! I'm off to Maui for a couple of days to attend a family wedding.
Blogging will be light for the next few, although I am taking the pc along.
Maybe I'll get some time to sneak off to the Hukilau and do some blogging.
I sure hope so.
This is not going to be my idea of fun... putting the nuclear in family and all that stuff!
Mahalo!