Thursday, July 28, 2005

By way of introduction



My name is Dinah Lord.

Welcome to my blog. I hope this finds you well.

Recently, I was inspired by the turn of phrase, "a fetish of isolated desert derelicts" to describe al Qaeda in Mark Steyn's excellent article, Wake up folks - It's war that I logged right onto Blogger and decided to give it a go.

Dinah Lord loves Mark Steyn and if you just crawled out from under a rock somewhere you should go check him out. The above referenced article is excellent and now I am going link to that very article: http://www.spectator.co.uk/article.php?id=6422&page=4

Well, there. That was my first link.

Was it good for you too, Mark?

I don't know if that took or not but I am going to soldier on despite my numerous techno deficiencies. For example, the 'r' key on my laptop works only intermittently and this causes definite issues in 'witing about counteterroism and desert deelicts'. If you see what I mean. And for some reason I can't access the wireless network on the computer in my office so I'm stuck on my laptop for now.

Needless to say, Dinah Lord may be da bomb but she's not much on da 'puter.

But enough of the techno-geek bs.

Back to the fetish of isolated deset derelicts. (Dang. See what I mean about? That last r took three tries.)

In his article Steyn says: "If the jihad has its war aims, maybe we should start thinking about ours." He goes on to ask, "what would victory look like?" That got me thinking, because of course I can't think of victory without thinking about OUR fabulous troops.

So this is for our men and women fighting far from their families and their homes, enduring conditions that I can't imagine.

They're fighting an ignorant enemy with a psyche out of the 7th century and a game boy personality. Add some major sexual hangups and you've got a bloodthirsty enemy that hates blindly. He's got easy access to 21st century armaments, thanks to the tyrannical and corrupt Middle Eastern regimes awash with petro$ and oil for food graft. The list of these regimes is long, but thanks to our brave men and women it's getting shorter.

Thanks to the good old U-S-of-A there are fewer "fetishes of isolated desert derelicts" and its for them that I am picking up my cyberpen and I am starting this blog.

Wake up, folks! This is war...