Monday, July 17, 2006

Oy! Do I even have to tell you my life has been crazier than a shit house rat's?

Fugue State: R.H Menzel












Pardon the vulgarity, dear readers. It's been somewhat trying here in Lord-ville.

Once again, Dinah's been MIA from the blogosphere, being all caught up in the fugue state that is her life. Hope this finds you all well in your own personal orbit.

It is a kinda crazy world out there, isn't it?

Hate to be like a broken record, but I must say that you know you have a crazy existence if you feel great joy being back at the keyboard fighting the Islamic menace one keystroke at a time instead of dealing with real life. But there you are.

Remember this? It wasn't that long ago.

Spoke to my dear Lebanese friend J**** today. His family in Lebanon is safe and sound. I continue to pray for a free and peaceful Lebanon. Speaking of Lebanon, did you see the Lebanese Prime Minister today? What a basket case. Like night and day from his previous statements. It looks to me like Syria or somebody got to him. Poor thing. I hope Condi or somebody offers the Lebanese Air Force some help. Why not? If Iran and Syria feel they can arm Hezbollah why can't we help out the fledgling democracy in Lebanon. Their air force is kind of limp and could use a hand.

Where do I start? Israel, Iran, Korea?


Oh heck. Let's go back in time for a bit. Hearing about the capture of the Israeli soldiers makes me take a trip in Dinah's personal wayback machine, back to the bad, old days of Jimmah Carter and to the Iranian hostage crisis. Makes me want to smack Jimmah down. Him and those lousy Mullahs. Talk about faulty intelligence.

I date myself when I tell you that I attended the ticker tape parade down Broadway in NYC when those hostages returned to the US.

My friend, Peggy, and I slipped away from our work at a Wall Street firm and headed up Broadway to cheer their return.

No need to remind you that it was a different world back then. Office windows still opened and there was no such thing as a paperless office.

People in the office buildings lining the streets tossed shredded (and whole) computer print outs, data punch cards and chad confetti out the windows with wild abandon. We waded up the street in paper up to our hips.

There were a lot of trees killed that day.

How happy we were to get the hostages home. Hope our friends in Israel will soon feel the same joy when their captured soldiers are returned.

God bless Israel.

Speaking of Israel if you haven't seen this yet over at Atlas Shrugs - enjoy.


Regarding Korea: With all the activity in the ME, I have a feeling that Kim Jong Il if feeling pretty ronery tonight. Look for him to pull some kind of stunt, don't you think?

Cheers - Dinah