Tuesday, November 28, 2006

I swear...

this is just plain wrong...

Keith Ellison, D-Minn has stated that he will take his oath of office on the Koran.

Why is this clown allowed to do this? What happened to one nation under God?

@ Rantburg.

"Giving a video blog interview recently, Keith was asked by blogger Amanda, "what would it be like to be the first member of congress as a Muslim and will you be sworn in on the Quran?"

His response: "Well I hadn't really thought about what I was going to use to be sworn in but I assume I would use the Quran. It sounds like a good idea to me."


My response: Where's the outrage? Jews don't take the oath on the Torah. Secularists don't take the oath on say...a Noam Chomsky book. Mormons don't demand the Book of Mormon and I haven't seen a copy of L. Ron Hubbard's book on the dais either.

So what gives?

I found the actual video interview of Mr. Ellison and Amanda. All I can say is, Katie Couric you better hang on tight to that CBS seat! Amanda is a foxy little moonbat and she reminds me of the saying (and I'm paraphrasing here): 'If you aren't for the Democrats when you're 20 you have no heart. If you aren't for the Republicans when you're 50 you have no brain.'

Let me tell you, the heart just bleeds and the knee wildly jerks just watching this thing. It is one big, fat liberal love fest. The part where Amanda asks Mr. Ellison about taking the oath on the Koran is located about 2/3 of the way through. You have to watch the tape to see the way Amanda goes all swoony, moony, goony, spoony when she asks him about it. Man, this babe is just begging for a burka!!!

Mr. Ellison has all the Demdonk talking points down and he manages to hit all his marks: health care, dead soldiers, minimum wage, fighting for the poor and oppressed, union and labor, welcoming immigrants, the environment. He fawns all over "the blogosphere" and thinks it's been very good for democracy...(ed.note: Yeah, and it's been verry, verry good for the JIHAD)

It turns serious when Amanda asks him to elucidate his main mission: "Peace" he intones.
"Peace, multilateral negotiations, and diplomacy. Bush wants to shoot it out."
(ed. note: With people who are blowing us up.)

He even says "SALAAM ASLAIKUM" to the little minx! (She laps it up like a bowl of cream...)

Probing ever deeper, our intrepid girl reporter asks, "Is peace feasible?" (ed. note: it sure is appease-able!)

Mr. Ellison sagely replies, "It's essential. Let's try some peace."

Let's try some peace. Oh, let's.

You mean peace like this and this and this?