Sunday, July 08, 2007

Sheik Google.

Just one more reason for me to hate Google: Modern Militant recruits himself.

According to an analysis from the Australian Federal Police counter-terrorism division, presented to a terrorism course in Sydney this week: "These extremists are previously unknown to authorities, exhibit no prior extremist tendencies publicly, do not associate with known extremists and are assimilated into the greater community. From all appearances and actions they are moderate members of society."

Their indoctrination and expertise comes from "Sheik Google" and the world wide web. "To a large extent, the internet has replaced actual training camps as a source of instruction and inspiration for militant Muslims," says the AFP analysis.

Everything they need can be found on the hundreds of extremist websites: how to make bombs, avoid surveillance, achieve physical fitness and justify violence on religious grounds

.
The internet is now "the greatest enabler of teaching, nurturing and sustenance of extremist jihadi ideology".


This was evidenced by recent terrorism raids in Australia, which recovered hundreds of "terabytes" of material - enough to fill several rooms up to the ceiling - downloaded from the internet.


It's sad but true. I hate google and yet, I use it shamelessly and boldly. Even worse - here I am on blogger! (although I've been thinking of moving onto another platform-warning techtard alert.)

Why do I hate Google? 9 times out of 10 I am unable to access Little Green Footballs when I click on an LGF link. Same with Power Line. But let a Jihadi scumbag try and hook up with say - plans for a nuclear bomb and bang! (literally) - they've got it. And I know it's because Google wants it that way.

Why do I use it shamelessly? Unfortunately, it's the only game in town.

I think there will come a time when the Crusaders (that means you and me, white man) will have to come up with an alternative. Until then, I say, Google be damned. Let's take the fight to the enemy using every tool at our disposal.)

And then there's wICKipedia. Sometimes you'll find me playing in that fever swamp.