Friday, March 14, 2008

Obama takes a giant step backward from Pastor Wright

This is the biggest piece of puffery I have ever seen.

From The Jawa Report:

(editor's note: If he thinks this lets him off the hook he's crazy. Although in this clip over at Hot Air, John McCain goes ahead and mealy mouths him off the hook. (I know - I despair at the thought of it.)

Let me say at the outset that I vehemently disagree and strongly condemn the statements that have been the subject of this controversy. I categorically denounce any statement that disparages our great country or serves to divide us from our allies. I also believe that words that degrade individuals have no place in our public dialogue, whether it's on the campaign stump or in the pulpit.

In sum, I reject outright the statements by Rev. Wright that are at issue. ...The statements that Rev. Wright made that are the cause of this controversy were not statements I personally heard him preach while I sat in the pews of Trinity or heard him utter in private conversation. When these statements first came to my attention, it was at the beginning of my presidential campaign.


Okay, I call bull shit on this. Let me get this straight, the Messiah is expecting us to believe that he sat in church for 20 straight years listening to this raving bigot and he didn't know that he made these kind of statements? Well, then he must be pretty damn stupid if he didn't have a clue, IMO.


Nope. Not passing the smell test, possums. It is my opinion that the Obama campaign knew this was going to hit all along, they just didn't know when. Even the timing of the good Rev's "so-called" retirement seems stage managed to me. They are just hoping to shut down all questions and dissent with this line of spin.

Hot Air is also reporting that Obama is going to take to the airwaves tonight to get his side of the story out. Appearances planned for Hannity...and Olberman (I feel dirty just typing that fool's name)...Greta, too! It's a media trifecta for BHO, I'd love it, if Oma-I mean Michelle was sitting next to him...Lots of quality linkage here. Check it out.

Enough time has passed for the story to start percolating through the blogosphere and sooner or later the MSM will catch up - maybe, this is Obama after all. Polls should start showing the effect here pretty soon. It should be interesting to see how it shakes out, no?
-end-