Thursday, July 10, 2008

Ahmadinejad: "US Generals are on my side."


I think those X-rays the other day must have scrambled the Persian Pipsqueak's little brain.


In a video aired on Iranian public TV, hardline president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has claimed that top members of the US military "hold a special place for him in their heart," Shahb News reported.

The video shows Ahmadinejad in a meeting with commanders of Iran's Revolutionary Guards on 31 May, in which he tells them "America is finished."

Referring to his landmark visit to Iraq in March, Ahmadinejad tells the commanders: "A US general and his deputy asked to see me."Their first request was to have their picture taken with me," he adds. "This official told me he holds a special place for me in his heart and said he had postponed his holidays in the United States to be able to meet me."

There is no proof the meeting between Ahmadinejad and the US top brass took place. Ahmadinejad also claimed US President George W. Bush ordered his generals in Iraq to fire missiles towards Iran or enter Iranian airspace. "But the military opposed this and the orders were never carried out," Ahmadinejad said in the video.

-end-