Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Coming to you from DLHQ

Still flailing away and trying to get my motor rolling here, possums. Who knew vacations could be so relaxing? I guess we should do them more often. This morning I'm sitting here at DLHQ in my Caribou Barbie peignoir set(robe, flannels, socks and slippers), sipping coffee and leisurely perusing some of my fave spots around the interwebs. I'm just not feeling it yet. The Jihadis? Feh. The UN holds a one day conference to highlight the plight of terror victims and the Arabs are outraged because they included an Israeli victim? Yawn. Only 3 of the 8 London Plane Plotters found guilty? Hmmm. New missile strikes in Pakistan? Oh well. Rev. Wright 'riding dirty' with the church secretary? Why am I not surprised? Paki terror scumbags 'riding dirty' with the bombs not the mosque secretary? Another so what? Juan Cole getting all sarah-phobic and saying the difference between the sitting Governor of Alaska and say, Ayman Zawahiri, is ... the lipstick? And he's totally serious?

The big world keeps on spinning.

My technical problems persist in spades, possums. And I have a smoke detector alarm that keeps chirping somewhere and I can't figure out which one it is. I ran some Microsoft updates yesterday that scrambled my wireless network. That took an afternoon to straighten out. After that - the audio stopped working. And the right click function of my mouse. So I had to figure those out. (A Mozilla add on and just dumb luck.) Getting that resolved left me feeling all tech savvy so I downloaded a new twitter gadget for my Google sidebar which has somehow screwed up my twitter feed - it says I have been exceeding my maximum hourly requests since 7 pm last night. I used to say that blogging was like crack to me? Forget that - blogging is oxy. Twitter is my new crack and I am jonesing because I haven't been able to get it fixed yet.

Today will be a day spent getting the L&M to head overseas for meetings. The L&M is a hard worker, he's been up since before 5am answerering emails and getting his meeting notes and things ready to go. In fact, it's probably time for me to head for the MBR and start packing his stuff for the trip. The Kafir k-9 Brigade are to report to Posh Puppy for grooming at 0900 so it will be a busy morning. And here I am still in my caribou peignoir set, sipping coffee!

Later possums, keep fighting the good fight while I'm slacking....