Saturday, November 08, 2008

Time in...


Sort of.

Well possums, just because I've been gone doesn't mean you haven't been in my thoughts. I have been AWOL because I was back east tending to my friend while her daughter went home to spend some time with her young children. None of her docs can believe it, but my girl is still hanging in there. She remains very sick and is more miserable than you can imagine. Believe me when I say that in my previous life as a nurse I got to see plenty of misery, but the misery associated with my friend's condition tops them all. It was very hard to say good bye.

So it was with a heavy heart that I came back to Colorado and threw myself into my phone bank work, pulling 10 hour shifts at McCain Palin HQ until the polls closed on Tuesday. I'm happy to report that despite Colorado's going for Obama, Douglas County went big for McCain and all the GOP candidates. It's a small victory, but I'm claiming it.

The rest of the time since then has been spent growling at the television, reading the latest Vince Flynn and doing chores around el Rancho Lordo (finally got the Halloween decor taken down) - and taking part in some heavy navel gazing.

I know hearing that makes you all groan "Oh no. Not that shi& again, Dinah."

Yes, Dinah's bogged down about her blog again. Sigh. You know the drill: "I suck" and "so and so does it better than I do, so why even try" and "what is it you're exactly trying to prove here, dear" and on and on it goes.

I did say that if Obama was elected that I thought I would "abandon blog" and pull one of the half-finished manuscripts out from under my desk and resume working on it. I would drop out of the wonderful world of blogging and spare myself a lot of agony watching an Obama presidency.

But those dirty, rotten Islamists never sleep. And that doesn't sit too well with Dinah.

So, this is where I'm at right now. I hope you will indulge my silliness a while longer as I continue to ponder the fate of Dinah Lord.